Floradata designs activities and creates content for nature tourism and environmental education. Tourist activities within protected areas, or in areas where natural values exist, may be classified as Nature Tourism, if certified by the Institute for Nature Conservation and Forests – ICNF. To that end, Floradata provides support to certification requests for Nature Tourism Facilities (Decreto-Lei n.º 228/2009 de 14 de Setembro e Portaria n.º 261/2009 de 12 de Março), namely regarding staff training and design and implementation of required nature conservation projects.
Services offered for Nature Tourism:
- Licensing of Nature Tourism activities under applicable legislation;
- Training for Nature Tourism Facilities’ staff;
- Designing activities for Environmental Education and Nature Tourism;
- Surveying and Interpreting trails;
- Orientation of groups in environmental activities, particularly in trails;
- Preparation of Fauna, Flora and Geology Atlases;
- Content creation for brochures, panels, multimedia and video;
- Plant, wildlife and geological heritage photography;
- Science tourism;
- Supplying multimedia and physical media for disseminating Nature Tourism contents, namely multimedia kiosks, wildlife observatories, outdoors, stands, banners, roll up, among others.